Technology Meets Strategic Marketing to Reach Travelers and Drive Franchise Success
Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative, is the leading home-based franchise network in the travel industry, and knows how to stay ahead of the competition with tools and resources that employ new technology and align travel franchise owners with a strategic marketing focus. Today’s travelers have high expectations, and Cruise Planners has improved and expanded its programs to ensure its travel advisors remain one step ahead.
The Right Technology
Cruise Planners continues to improve in-house IT programs by focusing on a range of custom tools for both the travel agent and consumer:
- Mobile Technology: Cruise Planners was the first in the industry to launch a mobile app, and has recently rolled out upgrades such as push notifications, sales promotions with strong calls to action, and photo albums that post directly to the web. In fact, Cruise Planners, and these upgrades make it an even more effective tool.
- Search Engine Optimization: The company has seen an increase in website traffic since launching SEO-friendly websites, and continues to expand the program to boost consumer web traffic.
- Smart Select™ Tool: Smart Select maximizes the impact of each marketing campaign by automatically identifying ideal clients based on past consumer purchase habits.
- Updated Websites: Updated websites allow customers to search for both land and cruise vacations from one spot, and feature the new “CP Brochure Rack,” where clients can easily view digital versions of top industry brochures with the click of a button.
- Customer Relationship Management Tool: The new “CP Hub” organizes sales opportunities, forecasts sales, and sends follow up alerts to the travel advisor for maximum management of the sales pipeline.
- Triggered Email Campaigns: Booked clients automatically receive a series of emails that utilize information from the customer’s purchase to send personalized reminders, relevant information, and calls to action for their upcoming trip.
Harnessing A Competitive Marketing Strategy – The ONE, TWO, THREE PUNCH!
Cruise Planners makes marketing effortless with ongoing initiatives for success. As the go-to travel marketing partner for many suppliers and vendors, Cruise Planners offers a wide variety of marketing vehicles to ensure advisors stay top of mind with consumers:
- CPpod: An exclusive “print-on-demand” tool featuring professionally-designed and customizable postcards, flyers, brochures, banners, business cards, and more. Plus, it is web-based and works as easily as any online ordering portal, and is open 24/7.
- The Travel Planner Magazine: This bi-annual, full-color, 32-page magazine is chock full of great vacation offers, as well as informative articles such as the hottest destinations, the newest trends in land and cruise travel, and the latest ships at sea. In addition, it features a personalized URL (pURL), which is a fantastic lead-generation tool for the agent. Customized with agent information and available as a direct mail or shipped piece, the magazine is a huge selling tool to engage new prospects and returning clients alike.
- Full Sails: This program includes approximately 20 full-color direct mail pieces annually, all designed by Cruise Planners’ in-house marketing team and mailed to a targeted client list. Featuring individual cruise lines or a mix of suppliers from mass market to river and luxury, the program ensures the right message reaches the right customer!
- When it comes to expert advice and personalized service to help consumers break through the online clutter, Cruise Planners travel advisors are fully equipped with cutting-edge technology, award-winning marketing, and various training and development opportunities that make them the best in the business.
When it comes to expert advice and personalized service to help consumers break through the online clutter, Cruise Planners travel advisors are fully equipped with cutting-edge technology, award-winning marketing, and various training and development opportunities that make them the best in the business.
For those interested in learning about starting their own Cruise Planners franchise, please visit www.cruiseplannersfranchise.com to sign up for an interactive webinar or call 1-888-582-2150.
You Are Invited – The TravelProfessionalCommunity.com will be hosting a webinar with Cruise Planners CEO & Co-Founder Michelle Fee on Thursday, March 19th at 3pm ET. Just click on this link to register and enjoy an hour with Michelle sharing her insight with all of us!
About Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative
Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative, is the nation’s largest home-based travel agent franchise network in the travel industry. Cruise Planners operates a network of more than 1,000 franchise owners who independently book amazing vacation and travel experiences for their clients. The Florida-based Home Office team positions franchise owners for success by providing innovative marketing, booking and lead-generating tools, professional development, and hands-on training with the industry’s top executives. The company continues to be lauded and has been named the No.1 Cruise Tour / Travel Agency by Entrepreneur for 12 consecutive years. Cruise Planners was recently featured in Entrepreneur as one of the top 30 franchise innovators in technology, and named to the Fast 50 by the South Florida Business Journal.
Headquartered in Coral Springs, FL with over 20 years of experience, Cruise Planners has achieved top producer status with every major cruise line. Accolades include numerous Magellan Awards from Travel Weekly for the past six years, American Express Travel Representative Excellence Award for 11 consecutive years (2004 – 2014), Silver Stevie Award for Management Team of the Year (2014), American Express Agency of the Year (2010), Royal Caribbean International President’s Award for Overall Achievement (2012 and 2014), Royal Caribbean International Home-Based Partner of the Year (2007 – 2013), Norwegian Cruise Line Franchise Agency of the Year (2011-2014), Celebrity Cruises Home-Based Account of the Year (2013-2014) and Southeast Region Travel Agent Partner of the Year (2010), American Express Vacations Best of the Best Globe Award (2008 – 2014), Globus Family of Brands Premier Agency Partner (2009- 2013), Platinum Member of the 500 Club for Sales Excellence (2014), Platinum Circle Member with Viking River Cruises (2009-2012) and Regent Seven Seas Cruises Top Producer. Cruise Planners is one of the Top 50 franchises for Veterans according to GI magazine, the Top Franchise Brand for Veterans according to Franchise Business Review, has been named one of the Top 25 franchises for African-Americans by Black Enterprise magazine and is a member of the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association. For more information, visit www.cruiseplanners.com.
For those interested in becoming a franchise owner, please visit our franchise site.