Hawaii Seller of Travel Law

Hawaii Seller of Travel Law

Hawaii’s seller of travel law requires all persons “who act as an intermediary between a person seeking to purchase 0travel services and any person seeking to sell travel services” must register with the Travel Agent Licensing Program. ALL travel agencies and charter tour operators must register, not only those residing in Hawaii.

The fees for registration is currently $146 if registering in an odd-numbered year and $215 if registering in an even-numbered year. Biennial renewals are by December 31 of every odd-numbered year.

Any entity, other than a sole proprietor, must register to do business in the State of Hawaii.

Here’s a link to the Hawaii statutes and rules

And this is the link to the Travel Agency website, containing applications, instructions and Hawaii’s laws & rules

Contact for registration information:
Attn: Travel Agency
P.O. Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
Phone: (808) 586-2692
Email: travel@dcca.hawaii.gov

Back to Seller of Travel Laws